Wednesday 12 November 2008

Until The Sun Goes Down

Yesterday was a remarkably short day whereas today seems to be endless, made worse by the fact that I'm boiling in the building, thanks to the Plant Room being next door. Heater? Never needed such a thing, aside from in the summer months where the sun is hidden on the other side of the building, leaving this little office in the shade and leaving me to grab some soup or Whittard's tea.

All hopes on a decent costume for someone's leaving party worked out well ~ it actually fits and isn't paper thin! I was a little dubious buying from the same website that gave me a rediculously sheer Spanish dress but thankfully, this one is far better and worth the money that I paid. The power here was meant to be switched off this morning but that's either been deferred for later in the week, or people are able to work around it although whichever is happening, the server has gone kaput, so I've spent a good portion in the day in the new archive, which is finally coming into fruition!

I could do with some time off though, there's a big amount of post that I have to get sent off and I can't see me getting it done after work, due to the baking that needs to be done for the bake sale I'm doing for Children In Need, plus there's all the books to do. I'm keeping all things crossed for someone to do a bigger-than-usual order seeing as Christmas is approaching but I'm still waiting for such a thing.

The end of my lunch break awaits...

No comments: