Sunday 2 November 2008

The north wind doth blow

Well that's a good start; clicking on Create New Blog instead of New Post. There are never enough hours in the day. Fact. Ensuring everything that requires doing is done this week has been an absolute impossibility and I curse myself for any time that has been wasted. My head has been in some far off atmosphere due to discussions with my doctor and the increase of my headache medication to almost double the previous dosage. I've been at a higher rate, but it's just getting used to it. I may have to create a tag to hang around my neck to state the dopeyness to others.




I love all the goodies that Yankee Candle produce for Halloween but this has to be one of my favourites. We bought it either last year or the year before from the Florida Mall in Orlando where they got a little crazy with the bubble wrap but thankfully, this one didn't break in transit like another one did. The house was partially decorated and we had a little 'graveyard' area near the road which was nice but I do want to do a lot more handmade decorations next year. With the munchin pumpkins and gourds, I am going to add melted wax and form my own candles for use next year; an idea I got from Martha Stewart's magazine. Unfortunately I've never made my own candle before so it'll be interesting!




Another thing I tried, using an edible pumpkin as above, was create a pot-pourri by coating the inside of the lid with cinnamon. Unfortunately due to the downstairs floor still smelling of the Yankee Candle tart, it was hard to tell if the pumpkin was giving off any scent. It looked pretty against the roaring fire though. And gosh how it did roar last night with the weather! I'm still amazed that we had snow in October though a little miffed it didn't stay.

When I haven't been running myself into the ground and turning my hair grey, I found some time yesterday for me, so I went to Bicester Village for the Cath Kidston store. It really isn't anything to write home about apart from the prices being around 1/3 less than what you're charged in the other stores. The majority of stock were oilcloth bags, purses, wallets etc. Barely any goodies for the kitchen and I don't recall seeing any stationery.



However, they do have a good selection of left over fabrics which I got as above. The pink is 1m oilcloth and the other is just under half a meter of cotton-other fabricstuff. With my apron in the wash when I was baking Halloween cupcakes on Thursday I realised that I really should have a spare one, which I found yesterday along with a utility skirt for a mere £10 which was originally priced at £45. Fabulous! Both of which need a good iron but here they are:



The rain started up when I'd finished there and even though it was incredibly cold, I still needed to go to Witney for wax and some bits from Boots. I absolutely adore and recommend Soap & Glory's products; they're wonderful. Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on all the gift sets and when I have bought them, it tends to be after Christmas because you're paying extra for things that would be cheaper out of the box and not during the Season. However, I did a price check on the Soap & Glory boxsets and decided to go for it, giving my mum the third. Plus with their spend more than £50 and get £10 worth of points on your card offer, I went for a couple more things. What an expensive weekend!

Time to sign off as I can't work out how to use the heater in this cubby!

No comments: